OL president Jean-Michel Aulas proposed at a press conference to postpone the Champions League quarter-final return against PSG on April 17, instead of a D1 Arkéma match against Le Havre .
UEFA has acceded to OL’s request to postpone indefinitely the quarter-final second leg of the Women’s Champions League initially scheduled for Wednesday in Lyon between the five-time defending champions and their rivals Paris Saint-Germain. On its website, however, the body did not provide more details.
The Lyonnaises, victorious 1-0 in the first leg last week, asked for this postponement this week, Monday, because of six cases of Covid-19 which appeared in their workforce: four for the single day of Monday to which are added “two others revealed at the end of the week” last, according to the Lyon club.
>> Discover RMC Sport’s offers and follow OL’s journey in the Women’s Champions League
Aulas: “The date? No decision has been made yet”
“We will redo a number of tests. The workforce was affected after the match against Paris, said Jean-Michel Aulas Tuesday at a press conference. Amel Majri became positive after this match. Don’t know if it was involved, but it happened after the match. We had four other positive girls the next day, including Griedge Mbock, who wasn’t with the other girls. We have six or maybe seven positive cases. “
Asked by AFP, PSG said that the professional team, whose trip to Lyon was scheduled for Tuesday morning, had remained in the capital. Instead, the players will do a training session at Bougival, their base camp located 15 km west of Paris.
It now remains to find a new date for this meeting. Jean-Michel Aulas has expressed his wish to see the Champions League match against Paris take place on Saturday, April 17. “We are discussing so that the match is rescheduled as soon as possible, we hope that it can be when we were to play against Le Havre in D1. In any case, on April 20, we must have done the Le Havre match and the return to the European Cup. “
This would make it easier for OL who, if they qualified for the last four of the competition, would continue with the halves the following week (the 24th), unless the dates are changed by then. “Today there is no decision taken,” Aulas concluded.