After the Champions League final this Saturday, Kevin De Bruyne will have a few days off before joining the national team next Monday. Unfortunately, KDB will be spending some of that precious recovery time undergoing checkups and treatment for his facial injury.
The 25 other players retained by Roberto Martinez will all arrive in Tubize in the coming hours. After receiving the results of their covid test, they will be able to start their preparation for this Euro that all of Belgium is waiting for. A tournament which will be marked by the establishment of a health “bubble” aimed at isolating players and staff from the outside world: no direct contact with journalists or even with their own families and the constraint to travel all at the same time. time. This in particular represents a real challenge for the cooks of the team who, in normal times, arrive at least 24 hours before the Devils at their next destination to prepare everything.
It is also for this reason that returns to Tubize between matches will be limited: the Devils will go directly from Copenhagen to Saint Petersburg between the matches against Denmark and Finland. If they qualify for the final, they will stay in London after the semi-final.
Here is the full program of the national team for the next few days:
– May 31: Eden Hazard and Roberto Martinez press conference at 3 p.m. Small group training at 6.15 p.m.
– June 1: training at 11 a.m.
– June 2: training at 7 p.m.
– June 3: Belgium-Greece at 8:45 p.m. (friendly match).
– June 4: rest.
– June 5: training at 7 p.m.
– June 6: Belgium-Croatia at 8.45 p.m. (friendly match).
– June 7: training at 11 a.m.
– June 8: training at 11 a.m.
– June 9: training at 5.30 p.m.
– June 10: training at 11 a.m.
– June 11: departure for Saint Petersburg at 9:30 am. Arrival at 1.30 p.m. at the Astoria hotel and training at 6.30 p.m.
– June 12: Russia-Belgium at 9 p.m.
– June 13: Departure for Brussels at 11 am.
– June 14: training at 5:30 p.m.
– June 15: training at 5:30 p.m.
– June 16: departure for Copenhagen at 11 a.m. Arrival at 12:30 p.m. at the Marriott hotel and training at 6:30 p.m.
– June 17: Denmark-Belgium at 6 p.m.
– June 18: departure for Saint Petersburg at 4 p.m. Arrival at the Astoria hotel at 7 p.m.
– June 19: training at 5.30 p.m.
– June 20: training at 6.30 p.m.
– June 21: Belgium-Finland at 9 p.m.
– June 22: departure for Brussels at 4 p.m.