While the Super League has taken a serious lead in the wing, Andrea Pirlo does not expect to see Juventus sanctioned for his participation in the project, even with its president, Andrea Agnelli at the head of the line.
He is serene. Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo assured this Saturday that he did not fear sanctions against the Turin club after his participation in the aborted Super League project, of which its president Andrea Agnelli was one of the main initiators.
Present at a press conference on the eve of the Bianconeri’s trip to Fiorentina for Matchday 33 of Serie A, the former midfielder was rather confident when talking about the possible repercussions of this Super League project.
“We are not afraid of this, we are calm and focused on our work, he said. We are convinced that we can achieve our goals for the season, we are calm about the decisions of UEFA. “
Announced at the start of the week, the Super League project generated a stir across Europe, especially in England where supporters demonstrated throughout the week.
No sanction confirmed for the moment
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin had threatened the twelve clubs involved in the project with exclusion from several major competitions, urging them to withdraw from the project while there was still time. Finally, the holding of the semi-finals of the Champions League is not called into question and the meetings will take place. But the football world is now expecting possible sanctions for the twelve dissident clubs.
Defended against all odds by the presidents of Real Madrid and Juventus, Florentino Perez and Andrea Agnelli, the Super League has so far not led to any official sanction. “It’s normal that we are talking about him a lot these days,” but “I found him calm,” Pirlo said of his president.