Former Juventus midfielder Alessio Tacchinardi has attacked Cristiano Ronaldo after the Champions League elimination against Porto. According to him, the Portuguese star should have explained and apologized to the supporters.
In Turin, Cristiano Ronaldo is clearly no longer untouchable. Since the pitiful elimination of Juventus against FC Porto in the Champions League, the 36-year-old Portuguese striker has focused criticism. His poor performance on the return (insufficient 3-2 victory) added to his performance of too much discretion in the first leg (2-1 defeat). But some also criticize him for his silence after the debacle.
“Chiesa came to speak on television. But I expected to see Ronaldo. He is the only one who had to explain his match,” blasted Alessio Tacchinardi on Friday.
>> Subscribe to exclusive RMC Sport offers to watch the Champions League
The former Italian international, who played 261 matches with the bianconero jersey, did not fail to recall that CR7 had been preserved for this European deadline. “He rested against Lazio, so why this match? He must also apologize to the supporters,” said the 45-year-old ex-midfielder on Tmw Radio in Italy.
This third disillusionment in C1 in three years for Cristiano Ronaldo sows confusion on his future in Italy. Foreign media have launched speculation on a possible departure at the end of this 2020-2021 season, even if his contract ends in 2022. Echoes have reported a possible return to Real Madrid. “You know the affection we all have for him and what he has done here is historic,” commented Zinedine Zidane, Madrid coach. Before resuming with great caution: “But now he’s a Juventus player. And I can’t say anything about what he’s saying. He always says a lot to himself.”
A supposed interest of Paris Saint-Germain was also mentioned. What Leonardo, in an interview Thursday for RMC Sport, denied.