Ravichandran Ashwin (Photo Credits: BCCI)
Ind vs Eng 2nd Test Match 2021: Chennai vs Chennai MA between India vs England cricket team. The second day of the second Test match being played at the Chidambaram Stadium has ended. The Indian team was all out for 134 runs in the first innings, scoring 54 runs for the loss of one wicket in their second innings. The host team has taken a total lead of 249 runs over the guest team so far. Opener Rohit Sharma for the team is unbeaten on 25 off 62 balls and middle order veteran Cheteshwar Pujara scoring seven runs in 18 balls. During the match, there are several major records which are as follows.
– Team India wicketkeeper player Rishabh Pant remained unbeaten today scoring 58 runs in the first innings. Please tell that this is the sixth half-century of Pant’s Test cricket career.
– Veteran Indian spinner Ravichandran Ashwin today achieved five successes once again. Please tell that he has taken five or more wickets for the 29th time in his Test cricket career.
ALSO READ- Ind vs Eng 2nd Test 2021: Ravichandran Ashwin’s havoc in Chennai, Harbhajan Singh’s big record made his name
– Ravichandran Ashwin has left behind Harbhajan Singh in the case of most wickets in India. Harbhajan has taken 265 wickets while playing 55 Test matches at home. At the same time, Ashwin has got 268 wickets in the 45th match.
– England piled on India for 329 runs in the first innings. The visiting team did not spend a single run extra during this period. With this, he named the 66-year-old Indian record. India did not spend a single extra run during the Lahore Test against the neighboring country of Pakistan in 1955. In this match, the hosts Pakistan scored a total of 328 runs in the first innings.
– Ravichandran Ashwin has left behind the legendary South African fast bowler Makhaya Antini in terms of taking the most wickets in Test cricket. Antini has taken 390 wickets in Test cricket. At the same time, Ashwin’s name has now been 391 wickets.
– Indian fast bowler Ishant Sharma has equaled New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee in terms of taking the most wickets in Test cricket. Both the players have taken 302-302 wickets respectively in Test cricket.
Also read: Ind vs Eng 2nd Test 2021: England cricket team not responding, India’s 66 year old record has been named
– England lower-order batsman Stuart Broad returned to the pavilion today without opening an account. Let us know that Broad has been out for zero for the 36th time in Test cricket.
Let us know that the only player to be dismissed for Team India in the second innings of the second Test match is young opener Shubman Gill. Gill faced 28 balls in the second innings, scoring 14 runs with the help of a six.