The star jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot was indicted for rape, following a complaint filed by a woman for facts which allegedly occurred on February 17 in Cagnes-sur-Mer. Another jockey, Pierre Bazine, is also being prosecuted in this case, for not denouncing a crime.
French star jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot has been indicted for rape, Senlis prosecutors said on Wednesday. He is also placed under the status of witness-assisted by the chief of witness tampering. In this same case, another jockey, Pierre Bazire, is indicted for not denouncing a crime.
Pierre-Charles Boudot was taken into police custody Monday, in Chantilly, following a complaint registered in Cagnes-sur-Mer (Alpes-Maritimes) on February 19 for facts dating back to an evening organized on February 17.
The complainant is a 25-year-old woman, working in the equestrian world in Chantilly. “It is very likely that she was made to drink or inoculated products to annihilate her consent. She has flashes, large holes, times when her body was no longer responding”, explained Me Justine Devred, the lawyer of the complainant.
“She had filed a first complaint which she had withdrawn because she had been pressured by her professional entourage. Finally she filed a complaint again after questioning the investigators,” said the lawyer. The Senlis prosecutor’s office had reported in April of the expansion of the preliminary investigation to pressure the young woman would have been subjected to to withdraw her complaint.
A previous complaint in 2015
The Senlis prosecutor’s office is in charge of another rape complaint case, consistently denied by Pierre-Charles Boudot, dating back to 2015, in Deauville. She is the subject of a judicial investigation opened in 2018, in which the jockey is an assisted witness. In this case, the complainant also claims that she was drugged before being raped.
Named 2020 jockey of the year, Pierre-Charles Boudot, 28, notably won the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud and the Prix de Diane.