Waymo, the autonomous driving company of Alphabet ( Google’s parent ), continues to increase its alliance with automakers to implement its technology.
This time, Waymo has partnered with Daimler Trucks to implement Level 4 autonomous driving on Freightliner trucks.
Initially, Daimler will integrate Waymo Driver technology into the Freightliner Cascadia, substantially improving safety and efficiency.
Similarly, both companies announced that the self-driving Cascadia will be available in the United States, however, they will investigate expansion to other markets and brands in the near future.
- Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make driving safe and easy.
- Since the inception of the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has focused on creating in developing automated vehicles in order to decrease the number of accidents.
- Waymo One is the world’s first private driverless transportation service.
- Waymo Via is the trucking and local delivery service.
- To date, Waymo has driven more than 30 million miles autonomously on public roads in 25 cities across the United States.
- Likewise, it has traveled more than 25 billion kilometers in simulation.