The Chambly club has 17 people infected with the British variant of the coronavirus in its ranks. President Fulvio Luzi takes stock of a catastrophic situation, which should lead to the postponement of the match against Clermont on Saturday (7 p.m.).
Chambly, extremely diminished by the coronavirus, went to Clermont, where he is due to play this Saturday at 7 p.m. as part of the 25th day of Ligue 2, with only ten valid professional players. The Oise club is worried about the consequences of the spread of the English variant. Previously affected, like others, by the classic strain of the coronavirus, the Ligue 2 club finds that the variant is both more contagious and more virulent. Chambly president Fulvio Luzi was on The Indian Paper this Saturday morning.
Luzi: “We hope to get home as soon as possible”
“Today we have 17 people with the English variant,” he explained. “Compared to the first positive test, there is something unfolding with tremendous speed, it is very contagious and at the same time you have a lot more symptoms. A case occurred in the bus, it was quite gloomy in terms of the trip. We are a little traumatized. There is no good news since the hotel we are in has Afraid of being closed for fourteen days. Maybe we’ll be kicked out of the hotel at noon. We’ll have to wait on the bus until 5-6 p.m. before going to the stadium. “
The president of Chambly and his team hope that the match against Clermont, which kicks off at 7 p.m., will be postponed. “We have no idea, at the moment we are preparing to play it,” Fulvio Luzi told The Indian Paper. There is a chance that it will be played, unfortunately. There is also the possibility that we contaminates the opponent. I’m not talking about the athlete. Between the two teams, there is a difference in level, but we are not in football today. We await the decision of the league which is slow in coming . We hope to get home as soon as possible, with no new cases. “