Angry after the American accused him of not paying a dime to his foundation, which he promised to do last January, Conor McGregor announced the cancellation of his third fight with Dustin Poirier.
The beautiful falls into the water. The third clash between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor, scheduled for July 10, will not take place. The Irish fighter has just announced it on social networks, verbally assaulting the one who was to be his opponent.
“You’re a brainless fucker,” McGregor blurted out to the American on Twitter. “500k with no plans in place. Hang on tight. Fool. You must be new to money. Done. I’m going to fight someone else on the 10th. Good luck on your old contract, kid. “
At the heart of this new muddle between men, started much earlier in the day, a payment that would not have been made to the foundation of Dustin Poirier. After losing in the rematch last January, McGregor pledged to donate half a million dollars to Poirier’s charity.
The American association called “Good Fight Foundation” helps fund food insecurity, care and disaster relief for the most disadvantaged people in her hometown, Louisiana. It seems that the money never arrived, hence the initial rant.
“You planned a donation to my foundation, but you and your team stopped responding after the January fight. On July 10, everything will be paid in full,” Dustin Poirier said, triggering McGregor’s immediate reply, this Monday.
“A donation, not a debt,” replied the Irish fighter. “We were waiting for the plans for the money, which never came. That’s what I do with all my donations. I know where the money is going, period. by point. Otherwise, it’s no use. As is the case with a lot of these foundations. “
Poirier did not allow himself to be moved by the explanation, on the contrary he remained on his initial conviction: “You proposed, we accepted, and as I said, your team never answered our questions. emails regarding the fund implementation process. On July 10, you will taste defeat once again. “
Except that, according to McGregor, there is no longer any question of organizing a third fight between the two men. “My team is doing their due diligence to make sure that every donation is correct. My generosity is known. You will pay with your brain for trying to smear my name,” threatened the Irishman, much more vulgar later.
Conor McGregor (32 years old, 22 wins, 5 losses) had beaten Dustin Poirier (32 years old, 27 wins, 6 losses) in 2014, then the American had taken his revenge on the Irishman on January 23 in Abu Dhabi. The two are supposed to meet for a beauty in Miami on July 10. McGregor, if he reconsiders his words, will try to secure his first victory since January 2020.