Basant Panchami 2021 (Photo Credits: Latestly)
Basant Panchami / Saraswati Puja 2021: This year, Basant Panchami i.e. Saraswati Puja is being celebrated on 16 February 2021. According to mythological beliefs, on this day, the goddess of learning, Saraswati (Maa Saraswati) was revealed and it is from Bansat Panchami that the arrival of spring comes, which is called the king of all seasons. It is believed that from this day the weather changes. According to Hindu Panchang, Basant Panchami is celebrated on Panchami Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Magh month. Goddess Saraswati is worshiped in educational institutions on this day, while kite flying is enjoyed in many places. Maa Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, learning and art, is worshiped on this auspicious occasion. Let us know Basant Panchami i.e. method of Saraswati Puja, auspicious time, mantra and its importance.
Basant Panchami Date: 16 February 2021
Panchami Date Start: On 16 February 2021 from 03:36 AM,
End of fifth date: As of 17 February 2021 at 05:46.
Auspicious time for worship: On 16 February 2021 from 06:59 am to 12:35 pm.
Worship like this
- On the day of Basant Panchami, get up and take a bath before sunrise, then clean the place of worship.
- Put a yellow colored cloth on the post and install the statue of Shree Ganesh and Mother Saraswati on it.
- Now install the urn at the outpost and worship Lord Ganesha first.
- Now make up Mata Saraswati with white or yellow flowers.
- Worship Roli, Molly, Turmeric, Saffron, Akshat, Sweets, Mishri, Curd etc.
- Offer yellow fruits, sweets and saffron mixed pudding to Goddess Saraswati.
- During the Saraswati Puja, worship your books or musical instruments properly.
- Chant Maa Saraswati’s mantra ‘Om Hrim Ain Hri Saraswatai Namah’ 108 times. Also read: Basant Panchami 2021: When is Basant Panchami? Learn what to do and what not to do during the worship of Maa Saraswati
Story of Basant Panchami
According to mythological beliefs, Brahma Ji created the world after getting the order of Lord Vishnu. He also created creatures and humans, but he was not satisfied with this. He felt as if something was missing, due to which there was an atmosphere of peace all around. After this, Brahmaji sprinkled water from his kamandala with the permission of Lord Vishnu and as soon as it started vibrating on the earth, then a goddess appeared from among the trees, with a veena in one hand, the other hand in Varada mudra and the rest in both hands There was a garland of books and beads.
Seeing this Goddess appeared on Basant Panchami, Brahma requested him to play the veena and as soon as the goddess started playing the veena, the ability to speak was developed in all beings of the world. There was an uproar in the sea, there was a rustle in the air and music became like nature. Seeing this, Brahmaji named that goddess the goddess of speech i.e. Saraswati. Also Read: Saraswati Puja 2021 Wishes & Images: Hearty congratulations of Saraswati Puja! Send this English WhatsApp Stickers, Facebook Messages, GIF Greetings and wallpapers to your loved ones
Importance of Basant Panchami
The festival of Basant Panchami is celebrated as Prakatya Divas of Goddess Saraswati. This holy festival is also known by various names like Rishi Panchami, Sri Panchami and Saraswati Panchami. On this day, it is considered auspicious to start any auspicious works other than Vidyabha, home entry. Yellow clothes should be worn on this day. It is said that by worshiping Goddess Saraswati on this day, one gets knowledge, knowledge and art. With this, yellow-yellow mustard begins to flow in the fields from Basant Panchami. New buds start blooming again in trees and plants. During this season, the atmosphere is pleasant and pleasant everywhere.