Sometimes it is dangerous to fall asleep with your AirPods in your ears. Bradford Gauthier, an American from Massachusetts, unwittingly swallowed one of his headphones while he was sleeping.
The next morning, he noticed that he had difficulty swallowing, but blamed it on a sore throat. But when he was no longer able to drink the contents of a glass of water, with a blocked feeling in his chest, the situation became serious. In addition, Bradford Gauthier noticed that he could no longer find one of his AirPods. His wife and son then speculated that he may have swallowed the earpiece.
An x-ray radio, which can be seen in the video below, confirmed this hypothesis.
Emergency department doctors then used an endoscope to remove the earpiece from the esophagus and Bradford Gauthier was able to return home.
Doctors were surprised, however, that the presence of the headset was no more painful than just annoyance. Bradford Gauthier considers himself lucky … and specifies that his AirPods still work, with excellent sound, but that the microphone is no longer as efficient as before.
Source : Apple Insider